Thursday, March 19, 2009

Another thing I thought I would never say...

Add this to the list. Jackson's front tooth is still loose from being bashed in the mouth last week. He wanted to go play street hockey with some older kids down the street. I didn't want him to go but he really wanted to and I finally agreed. But what I actually said was, "Fine, but if you get your tooth knocked out don't come crying to me!" What in the world? It just rolled right off my tongue.
That is just another example of how I need to control my tongue. I don't want to be teaching my children not to come to me when they are hurt, I just said that to manipulate him to do what I wanted him to do through fear. Good grief. Thank God that his grace is new every morning.
On a lighter note, today is Jackson's 6th birthday. He was tickled with his gifts this morning from us, and I am heading to school in a few hours with a cookie cake so he can celebrate with his classmates. We are headed to Frankie's tonight so he and Carter can play. Fun, fun, fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment