Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Exciting Week

It's been an exciting week with the boys. We are still having potty issues with both boys and cleaned out their little systems with enemas this week. We are going to have to use a laxative with them for the next couple of months on a daily basis to get their stretched colons to where they need to be so hopefully they will have more control and quit having so many accidents.
Jackson knocked his top tooth loose. We went to a pediatric dentist on Sunday after it happened and she said we had a 50/50 chance of keeping it. Since the root is so long, she guessed it would be well over a year before his permanent tooth came in. Just great.
On a happier note, Carter read his first book this week! Actually, he read two. They had between one and four words per page and he did great. I'm so proud of him.
I planned Jackson's birthday party today, he will turn 6 on the 19th. We are going to have 15 kids at the local inflatable jumping place. It should be fun. He has so many friends between the neighborhood and school, it was hard to narrow down the list. What a popular kid. :)
Carter got new glasses this week and he is very excited about them. The hinges actually will go straight out, and he performs his new "parlor trick" whenever he gets a new audience. Hopefully we will have more time between visits to the glasses repair store with this pair.
Jackson had school pictures a few weeks ago and they came back yesterday. I was so mad, he looked great in the picture, but his pants were pulled up like a little old man and I can't believe the photographer didn't fix it. It is so glaring obvious, I'm not even getting them which is sad. I've got to take the boys to get their picture together anyway, so hopefully we can get some good shots. I bought a couple of shirts today at Wal-Mart that they could wear for their picture and for Easter (with little clip on ties). How cute!
Things are still so topsy turvy at our house with all our furniture. Whereas I finally felt like I had it under control, it is a mess again and I just can't seem to get it back in good shape. That is so frustrating. I really have to fight my instinct to give up on it, that is so habitual for me now. Aargh! And I can't comfort eat because I'm on a diet. Grrr. And Jackson is out of control again... wah, wah, wah. I forgot I was blogging and just started venting. :)
I went to church and just hung out tonight while Jackson was in Awana. I had Carter with me, and one of the gals invited me to go to the Drama rehearsal since I had expressed an interest in doing that sometime. Well, they just threw me a script to read a part and then invited me to join their team. That should be fun. I've been looking for some other way to serve at church and that will be really fun for me. :)
I got up early and did my bible study this morning, and then went to the YMCA and took a class. Hurray for me! Better go on to bed so I can get up again in the morning. I'm taking the carpool boys to school, then Carter to the doctor (he doesn't know he's going to get shots!) and then Carter and I are going to spend the rest of the morning at the Dino Museum downtown. I'm looking forward to fun time with the two of us.
Until next time,
Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment